Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011


"The Greatest man I have ever loved"

The death of someone close to us leaves us shocked with grief. We cannot understand how one minute this person was here and the next they are gone. The truth is that those we love are never truly gone. The body may have run its course, but the soul lives forever. Human beings have been cognizant of eternal life since the beginning of time. Every culture has its own traditions about death and reincarnation.

A father will always be his daughter's first love. As I sit here trying to hold back the tears it marks 10 years for the death of my dad. The man by whom all others will be measured against. One of the defining moments of my adolescence was when I lost my dad at the age of 14. His loss came at a crucial time in my development and left me with wounds so deep it took me a very long time trying to heal them. It is always very difficult to lose someone that played a pivotal role in your life. And when a parent dies, a piece of you heart is gone forever.

My Dada’s death came so suddenly, literally like the proverbial "thief in the night" Oscar Wilde used to describe death in many of his poems. I was 14, my brothers were 18 and 22 and my dad was 59 - gone from a massive heart attack while watching a boxing match one of the many sports he adored.

This is my tribute to you Dada as you where honestly the Greatest Man I have ever known in my entire life!!! I have spoken to you every day for the past 10 years and we will continue to have endless conversations for the rest of my time here on earth. I am blessed to say I have your gentle hands, I have your crazy passion for dancing, I have your eloquent personality, I have your eyes and most of all I have your pure compassionate huge heart. O yes and I have your sense of humor. Mama always says I grew up to be just like you I totally agree with her! I would like to think I have made you proud and I will try my best to continue too. Your Divine teachings and wise words of which a phrase I remember so clearly: “Matha Pitha Guru Dev” which means Mother, Father, Teacher and then God are words that are echoed in my life. 10 years is a decade but I remember everything about you so perfectly from me braiding your long hair to opening you a can of Castle Lager :) I would like to Thank you for the amazing 14 years, you have tough me so much in your time here on earth and it is from you that I grow strength.

My Guardian Angel, My hero, My soldier, My greatest inspiration of all time, My number one. I love and Miss you Dada R.I.P.

Your baby Girl now and Forever
Neetasha Singh xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment